Welcome Message

Hello Friends,

Jeff Richards here. I created this blog for Titanya so you would have one place to view updates regarding her recent very serious medical condition and where you could add your comments if you wish to do so. I know Titanya will add some of her own comments to the blog, but for right now; I am adding her dictated comments and some of my own, plus have posted the comments already written by David Feinstein that many of you may have received already.

Titanya is now out of the hospital and working hard to recover from the past five weeks of this stressful situation. She is still very weak and who knows when she will even have the energy to view her blog or see your comments, but she eventually will. She still requests that the BEST way to send your wishes is to send her a card to her home:

Titanya Dahlin
1009 Tinkerbell Ave.
Big Bear City, California 92314

I do know she also doesn't want you to panic and worry about her. Instead, send the positive energy that will continue to dissipate her blood clots and hold the confidence that I do; that she will be back to her old vibrant self soon. Thank you so much and if you feel the need to talk; you can reach me, preferably by phone at (909) 534-1314.

Jeff Richards
March 25, 2009

Thursday, March 26, 2009

From Titanya: Thursday, March 26, 2009

Dear Beloved Friends,

I am out of the hospital... oh, happy day! It has been five long weeks.

I am not out of the clear, but with bed rest, Energy Medicine and all the beautiful blessings I have received from you, I think I will be back to my free spirit in no time.

I am touched by all the prayer groups that were formed and feel honored by the individuals who don't even know me who tuned into their own guides to bring me thoughts of hope, life and vitality.

When one has close encounters with the other side, it can be quite scary, as well as thought provoking... and somehow, quite peaceful too. Once I experienced it I realized the close intimacy of life and death. It is an amazing experience. Really, if it is without the physical pain I had, I would want everyone to experience it. Now, to live each moment to its fullest and know that love is truly the greatest power of all, I realize even more how precious life is.

I am still dismayed by my long journey with fertility treatments, and yet, I know I will be victorious as a mother to be. I do not know why this was part of my journey but I have survived and only time will tell.

A big "shout out" to Kim Wedman. She stayed by my side during a crisis week with my health, applying Energy Medicine during a week whem Mom couldn't be with me.

Thank you also to the recent Hilton Head class who freely and supportively allowed my Mom to rush to my side in the nick of time. She never left my side.

I am so humbled and thankful by the love of my family, especially Dondi and Jeff who were my hsospital advocates. Everyone needs someone to make sure doctors are doing their job correctly.

I am blessed by you, my dear community and through the power of prayer that pulled me through.

Thank you. Love, Titanya

PS: Please do not send emails at this time. I have very little energy and I am not ready for computers. I am on my way to Mexico to live with Mom for a little while. And though I LOVE flowers, I can't take them at this time. The cards have been wonderful and they are best for now. Jeff is picking up all of my mail for me.

Send to:

Titanya Dahlin
1009 Tinkerbell Ave.
Big Bear City, CA 92314

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Titanya Update: March 23. 2009

Written by David Feinstein.

The weekend was hopeful. Tanya appears stronger. The blood clots are dissolving. Problems that are more minor, though still of serious concern, such as the growth of cysts, dehydration, anemia, and compromised circulation, are coming into sharper focus. The insurance company is focusing on the improvements and pulling to send Tanya home; two doctors have told her to refuse to leave. Premature release from the other two hospitals nearly cost her her life.

She is no longer in an extreme care unit and is in fact in a unit where they can give extra attention to physical therapy so she can regain her ability to walk. They tried seeing how she did without external oxygen or the IV over the weekend. Both turned out to be necessary, so she is back on those.

We have 400 people signed up for three classes in the Eastern states beginning on Thursday. Donna of course is not going to be anywhere this week but with Tanya, so we have let the organizers know she will not be at the first two. The third one is the weekend after this one and we are not making a decision on that at this point. Meanwhile, assuming the organizers still want to hold the events if we can bring in a top teacher, which we can (and they are on alert), I will still go back east, leaving tomorrow as originally planned (I also have presentations that I was doing on my own). That is another sign that we are feeling hopeful.

As the crisis seems to be passing, we are grateful. Still not out of the woods, yet the woods are not nearly as dark, thick, or frightening right now.

Thank you for all your support.



Titanya Update: March 20, 2009

"Tanya Report After a Very Tough Day"

Written by David Feinstein

Today feels like the calm after the storm. Yesterday a fourth blood clot passed through Tanya's heart. It felt like a heart attack and only Donna's constant administration of energy medicine was able to relieve the pain and pressure somewhat. But today Tanya is largely recovered from yesterday's trauma (two days ago she could make the breath measure go up to 750, yesterday barely 200, today back up to 500--just one measure of the state of her health, though all of this is while she is hooked up to oxygen). The emergency tests to find out what was going on in her heart revealed that the blood clots are apparently shrinking and that there is only one left in her chest area (there had been 3). The doctors feel that this means that the blood thinners are doing their job. We also learned today that the new diagnosis of pulmonary hypertension we were given yesterday can be an artifact of blood clots and should subside without further treatment. Also, the doctors who said she would be in the hospital for at least two to three more weeks just a few days ago are now saying just a few more days, though we pumped them enough to find out that the insurance company is involved in that shift of estimates. What was comforting was that we can do much at home that they can do at the hospital. What was not comforting was that we can't do the IV at home plus one of the reasons for keeping her in the hospital is in case there is a critical emergency and the insurance company does not consider that an adequate basis for hospitalization. The doctor's here are clearly mad at the insurance company for pressuring them to act against their best judgment. At the moment, Tanya is still here though it may turn into a daily debate between them and the insurance company. Of course we will still have options regardless of what the insurance company decides, but we are hoping they will support what the patient clearly needs.

Overall, while things had been looking better each day until yesterday (Thursday), and yesterday seemed like a giant setback, it may not have had the terrible implications we were afraid it had.

The sun is bright here in Palm Springs, and it is a good day. Again, thank you for your support from me, Donna, Tanya, Dondi, and Jeff!



March 15, 2009: Titanya in Hospital

March 15, 2009

Written by David Feinstein.

As many of you know, Titanya has been terribly ill.

She had been having fertility treatments. The massive hormone infusion that is part of this procedure made an ovarian cyst that was the size of a pea grow to the size of a cantaloupe in just a few short weeks. It is bleeding internally and has caused life-threatening bloodclots, two in her lungs, one on her heart, and one going up her leg. This is the most immediate and serious of numerous complications to the treatment. She is considered too weak for surgery to remove the cyst.

We have been with her for much of three weeks. Donna was able to go to the Hilton Head five-day only because Kim Wedman came to Big Bear to be with Tanya and work on her almost continually. Energy medicine could remove many of the symptoms (lower her fever, reduce her pain, et cetera), but it was clear that other problems were keeping the benefits from lasting. Kim was heroic. Jeff has been a prince, as tireless and devoted as one could imagine, and then some, and I've never seen anyone be a better sister than the expandingly pregnant Dondi has been.

But a couple of days into the HH class, with temperatures spiking high and low and a patellate count of more than a million, Kim, Tanya, Jeff, and Dondi asked Donna to return, and Donna caught the first flight back. This was the first time in 31 years that Donna has left or not shown up for a workshop she was scheduled to teach (of perhaps nearly a thousand of them). The group, however, had already bonded deeply with Donna and was enormously gracious in allowing her to go, and then the teaching staff, led by Vicki, galvanized itself so that the class was an incredible experience for all involved. Not one participant complained and much gratitude was expressed for how much Donna gave while she was there and for the incredible staff she had backing her.

Tanya's condition and treatment have been complex and are not easy to summarize. In brief, one of Donna's biggest grievances about our culture was realized again and again in that the medical care her daughter received until three days ago had been dismal, with misdiagnosis after misdiagnosis as the cyst was growing. Tanya was airlifted to the place from which I am writing, her third admitting hospital (she has had 5 hospital visits and 3 urgent care visits in the last three weeks), three nights ago. She is now in good hands, the first hospital that seems to understand her disorder, "ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome" (the original hospital wanted to take out her appendix -- Donna and Jeff have been champs and Jeff convinced them otherwise -- and from that point on the hospitals kept changing the diagnosis, though we correctly told them the very first night what it was -- a fairly rare condition that many doctors have never seen -- finally at this hospital the medical team knows what they are dealing with and has had some experience with it). The doctor who examined Tanya shortly after she was airlifted here said, "How did she stay alive for three weeks???!!!!" His conclusion after speaking with us was that if it weren't for the big doses of energy medicine Tanya has been receiving from Kim, Jeff, Dondi, and Donna, plus Tanya having an incredibly strong heart, liver, and lungs, she would not have survived this far, and there were two times we knew we were precariously close to losing her. We all believe that one of those times, she would have died had Jeff not applied energy medicine on an emergency basis.

Tanya is not out of the woods, but we are feeling hopeful. The hospital we are at is in Palm Springs where she will be in Intensive Care for 7 to 10 more days if all goes well. As you can imagine, it is quite an emotional journey. The blood clots continue to pose a very serious threat, so we are praying and sending strong intentions for her body to dissolve them. Medical treatment is complicated by a number of related conditions as the hormone infusion threw her sensitive body into physiological bewilderment.

We know how much good will and caring is out there, and we feel it. There is no real action for you to take unless you wish to pray or send healing energy. Tanya can't receive phone calls and the Intensive Care unit is not allowing visits beyond Donna, Dondi, Jeff, Roger, and me. Responding to the situation is a 24/7 job for all of us, and e-mails right now are a distraction. If you wish to send a card, please send it to Tanya's home in Big Bear (1009 Tinkerbell Avenue, Big Bear City, CA 92314), and Jeff will pick them up regularly. She cannot receive flowers while in the ICU.

We will keep you posted as new developments emerge, though it is a matter now largely of waiting and hoping for the clots to dissolve, so for the next week or two, no news is good news. Katrina Hill (innersourcekatrina@yahoo.com) has offered to speak with anyone who wishes more exact or up-to-the-minute information or simply wants to talk.



P.S. Now a day after having written this, the doctors are saying the blood clots are not due to the bleeding cyst but are the direct effect of the massive hormone infusion so, thankfully, emergency surgery is off the table.