Welcome Message

Hello Friends,

Jeff Richards here. I created this blog for Titanya so you would have one place to view updates regarding her recent very serious medical condition and where you could add your comments if you wish to do so. I know Titanya will add some of her own comments to the blog, but for right now; I am adding her dictated comments and some of my own, plus have posted the comments already written by David Feinstein that many of you may have received already.

Titanya is now out of the hospital and working hard to recover from the past five weeks of this stressful situation. She is still very weak and who knows when she will even have the energy to view her blog or see your comments, but she eventually will. She still requests that the BEST way to send your wishes is to send her a card to her home:

Titanya Dahlin
1009 Tinkerbell Ave.
Big Bear City, California 92314

I do know she also doesn't want you to panic and worry about her. Instead, send the positive energy that will continue to dissipate her blood clots and hold the confidence that I do; that she will be back to her old vibrant self soon. Thank you so much and if you feel the need to talk; you can reach me, preferably by phone at (909) 534-1314.

Jeff Richards
March 25, 2009

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Titanya Update: March 23. 2009

Written by David Feinstein.

The weekend was hopeful. Tanya appears stronger. The blood clots are dissolving. Problems that are more minor, though still of serious concern, such as the growth of cysts, dehydration, anemia, and compromised circulation, are coming into sharper focus. The insurance company is focusing on the improvements and pulling to send Tanya home; two doctors have told her to refuse to leave. Premature release from the other two hospitals nearly cost her her life.

She is no longer in an extreme care unit and is in fact in a unit where they can give extra attention to physical therapy so she can regain her ability to walk. They tried seeing how she did without external oxygen or the IV over the weekend. Both turned out to be necessary, so she is back on those.

We have 400 people signed up for three classes in the Eastern states beginning on Thursday. Donna of course is not going to be anywhere this week but with Tanya, so we have let the organizers know she will not be at the first two. The third one is the weekend after this one and we are not making a decision on that at this point. Meanwhile, assuming the organizers still want to hold the events if we can bring in a top teacher, which we can (and they are on alert), I will still go back east, leaving tomorrow as originally planned (I also have presentations that I was doing on my own). That is another sign that we are feeling hopeful.

As the crisis seems to be passing, we are grateful. Still not out of the woods, yet the woods are not nearly as dark, thick, or frightening right now.

Thank you for all your support.



No comments:

Post a Comment